Featured Artist: Doctor P
Any true fan of electronic music should instantly recognize Doctor P as one of the original godfathers of modern bass-driven music. A true music lover at heart, Doctor P, aka Shaun Brockhurst, has had an intense love of music since he was just a teenager jamming with his friends on the drums and guitar.
Doctor P is what you might label as a triple threat since his talent can be found in the roles he effortlessly balances as a musician, producer and DJ. He also founded Circus Records with long time friend, Flux Pavilion.
Shaun began to professionally create tracks in 2007, predominantly Drum and Bass but always experimented across all styles. He had some early releases signed up but things didn't get serious until he formed Slum Dogz with DJ Swan E and signed to Maximum Boost Management.
Immersed in experimenting with new sounds Shaun fell for the then emerging sub-genre of more energetic bass-driven dubstep, with tracks like Rusko's "Cockney Thug." He was inspired to try his hand at making a few dubstep tunes in the same vein and created the joyous and body-popping "Gargoyle," shortly followed by the blindsiding "Badman Sound" (Dub Police), which were quickly picked up by Rusko and other DJs. To reflect his new sound, Shaun became Doctor P.
When he posted his new track "Sweet Shop" on his MySpace to test for interest, little did Doctor P know that this was to change the course of bass music history and inspire a whole new generation of electronic fans. "Sweet Shop" quickly became a staple part of just about every DJ's set, from junglist to house, it became an anthem for every floor. The track was one of the first releases on Circus Records and helped make it one of the forging labels of EDM.
Since that first release, Doctor P has continued to grow with releases including "Superbad" with label protégé, Flux Pavilion, "Music is Dead" with Dillion Francis, 2013 smash, "The Pit," with Adam F featuring hip hop royalty Method Man, Mixmag free download, "Shishkabob," and 2014 summer smash, "Going Gorillas," which was given a triple bass VIP remix earlier this year. Collaborating with P Money and having remixed for Plan B, Example, Datsik, Dan le Sac vs Scrubius Pip and Blame amongst others, Doctor P is making a name for himself as a go-to remixer.
Shaun continues to develop Circus Records and his own career in both a recorded and live sense, having played globally recognized stages at Ultra Music Week, Electric Daisy Carnival, Tomorrow World, Pukkelpop, the main dance stage at Daur Festival, MysteryLand and the legendary Global Dance Fest at Red Rocks in Colorado.
- Doctor P – Bubble Head
- Henry Fong - Wine Dem (JVST SAY YES Remix)
- I Am Legion - Choosing For You (Nightwatch Remix)
- Duck Sauce - NRG – (Skrillex, Kill the Noise, Milo & Otis Remix)
- Skrillex ft. Ragga Twins - Ragga Bomb (Skrillex & Zomboy Remix)
- Doctor P - Going Gorillaz (Doctor P's Bananas Remix)
- Elliphant ft. Skrillex - Only Getting Younger (Milo & Otis Remix)
- Doctor P & Dillion Francis - Music is Dead
- Doctor P - Galaxies and Stars
- Mayhem & Antiserum - Give It Time
- Scroobius Pip - The Struggle (Doctor P Remix) [Getter and AFK VIP]
- Doctor P & Adam F ft. Method Man - The Pit (Datsik Remix)
- Doctor P - Sound of Science (Cookie Monster Remix)
- Brillz ft. Que - Geekin
- Dirtyphonics ft. Matt Rose - Power Now (Funtcase Remix)
- Flux Pavilion - Vibrate
- Spag Heddy & Anna Yvette - Hide
- Diskord - UR LOVE
- Robots Can't Dance – Bada Bing (Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix)
- Grabbitz - Here With You Now
- Zomboy - Nuclear (Hands Up)
- Enter Shikari - Anaesthetist (Reso Remix)
- Valentino Khan - Deep Down Low (Evol Intent Remix)
- Dr Meaker ft. Sian Evans - Right Back (Break Remix)
- Original Sin - Radical
- McMash Clan ft. Katie Mullins - Requiem (Funtcase Remix)
- Upfront - Another Dimension
- Funt6 - Alphabet Soup