Featured Artist: Mosimann
After four months of heavy exposure on French TV in 2008, many people thought Quentin Mosimann's artistic path would be nothing but common. Under the spot lights of his uprising fame and signed by the biggest major company, everything was set to mute this young artist into one more throwable star. Once exposed to the almighty music industry's rules, he had to learn how to hide his deep love for electronic music, while his first album hit the stores with a stunning success ('Duel' is double-platinium certified). However, this wild night bird already had something else in mind, dreaming of larger horizons based on a wide range of electronic sounds. A long time before winning the most looked after vocal French TV show, he defined his strong identity hanging out with his buddies, all DJ's and hard-level clubbers. Just like them, Mosimann considered his decks as his first girlfriends, improving his own skills step by step, through self-taught technics. He also used to deejay in order to pay for his studies, by the way. Therefore, once he gained popularity, he naturally skipped his voice to focus on deejaying. Transition was not brute, though, as his creativity led him to mix a bit of his two natural skills. Respecting his high taste for club culture and electronic music, he went through his music collection and updated his vision of a high-energy dance music. There was no other option for him to loop out the very predictable mainstream format. Proud of the French heritage, inspired by some of his fellow heroes (Jean- Michel Jarre, Cerrone, Daft Punk, Laurent Garnier, David Guetta or, more lately, DJ Snake), he worked hard to build a new musical avatar powered by his strong passion for mixing. Behind his "Change Your Mind" baseline, his will to redefine deejaying came early in his mind. You just need to see him acting live to testify his incredible ability to perform and do the show. Forget about the classical image of all these DJ's satisfied with beat-matched transitions. Mosimann sacrifies his body and shares a wild and sweaty creativity. He plays with the crowd and stretches all kind of emotions into an euphoric danceable experience. He beats the tempo, plays the drums, scratches, sings and jumps like an LFO. Freed from any format, he loves mixing in the darkness of clubs as well as spotting the largest festival stages, offering then an overwhelming performance. Each of his spectacular shows is driven by his intention to give the best. Gifted artist, he drew his own path managing to bring the largest audience to his large electronic culture, somehow underground. After seven years of a solid progression, which four of them were lightened by a solid ranking within DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs, some new perspectives seem to appear now. Even if his hectic touring schedule bounds him to travel a lot, he has recently increased his studio schedule, composing new material and jamming on his synths and drums. Still working as an ambivalent artist, he tries to clone himself to combine his love for Pop with a powerful club energy. Circling back all of his deepest influences and inspirations, Mosimann acts like a chemist looking for unexpected recipes. Mind your ears, you shall be surprised right soon.
- Phlegmatic Dogs - Next Level (Original Mix)
- Patrick Hagenaar - Love Rhythm (Original Mix)
- Cobra Effect - Remedy (Extended Mix)
- Gnash VS Luca Bertoni VS Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U Pandora (Mosimann Bootleg)
- Bojac, DSTRQT - Formula (Extended Mix)
- Dave Winnel - Mosquito (Extended Mix)
- The Cube Guys, Kryder - You & Me (Kryder Club Mix)
- Tommie Sunshine, Chocolate Puma - Take The Ride (Extended Mix)
- Jack Note - Revolt (Original Mix)
- Promise Land - Whoomp (Extended)
- Kryder - Dogs On Acid (Original Mix)
- Djs From Mars & Luca Testa Feat. Becko - Stronger (Mosimann Remix)
- Alan Walker VS Eurythmics VS DOD - Faded Zipper From Desire (Mosimann Bootleg)
- Axwell, Shapov - Belong (D.O.D Remix)
- Mike Posner VS Seeb - I Took A Tumf In Ibiza (Mosimann Bootleg)
- Martin Solveig ft. Tkay Maidza - Do It Right (David Puentez Edit)
- Albin Myers - What's The Time? (Extended Mix)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.