Featured Artist: Sam Feldt
Continuing to rise as one of the leading lights in the music industry, 23-year-old Dutch star Sam Feldt has fully emerged as one of the most exciting artists of recent times.
At the early age of 12 Sam started his DJ career with his own DJ drive-in show, playing at birthday parties in the neighbourhood. A decade later his earliest efforts received strong tastemaker support & Spinnin’ Records picked up the joyous ‘Bloesem’ in summer 2014 and released it as his first official single together with De Hofnar, followed by ‘Hot Skin’ alongside Kav Verhouzer. To date, ‘Bloesem’ has had over 4 million plays across Spotify, YouTube and SoundCloud, making it an impressive debut.
However, it was his smart reworking of Robin S’ ‘Show Me Love’ that truly catapulted him into the big leagues. First released by Spinnin’ before being picked up by Polydor / Universal, the track was an enormous hit, entering the UK Chart at an impressive #4 position, staying in the top 10 for 4 weeks, sitting pretty at No. 1 in Beatport’s Chillout Chart for over four months and hitting #1 on Shazam’s Chart – its now sold over 1 million downloads and amassed over 130 million streams to date.
A Hype Machine No.1 followed in his remix of Sander Van Doorn & Firebeatz’s ‘Guitar Track’, with his remix of Naxxos’s ‘New Orleans’ reaching the Beatport Deep House Top 15, and a slew of hits on Spinnin’ followed. Tracks like ‘Midnight Hearts’ with The Him and ANGI3, ‘Drive You Home’ with The Him & The Donnies The Amys and ‘Been A While’ have continued to dominate charts and rack up many millions of plays. Following original material & remixes for the likes of Avicii and Icona Pop, the time was right for Sam to work on his first EP.
Following the release of ‘Been A While’ EP - 2016 has been a monumental year for Sam, having already showcased the new live elements for his performances at Ultra Miami, Coachella & EXIT festival. Amidst Ibiza residencies alongside Kygo, Klingande & Bakermat – he performed debut sets at Tomorrowland & played several debut shows in Asia, as part of his Asian Tour. Sam completed his US Tour with fellow Dutch producer Bakermat for their ‘From Amsterdam With Love’ Tour. The two-month tour saw the duo play spectacular shows in various cities across North America, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Houston, Toronto and Vancouver to name a few.
- Lopezhouse - Trust In Me (feat Angela)
- Sam Feldt & Deepend ft. Teemu - Runaways (M-22 Remix)
- Sergio Trillini – Zeppelin
- Watermät ft Kelli-Leigh - Won't Stop (Bob Sinclar & The Cube Guys Remix)
- Tritonal + Sj feat. Emma Gatsby - Hung Up ( Speaker Of The House Remix)
- Freeform Five and Ali Love - Throwing Stones
- Alok, Bruno Martini, Zeeba - Never Let Me Go
- Mangal Suvarnan feat. Dhanusha Gokul - The Wait
- Bart B More & Chocolate Puma - Rising Up
- Deepend - Every Little Thing [SP DEEP]
- Anton Liss & Andrew Rai feat. Veselina Popova - Keep on Loving
- Tigerskin & Jack Jenson - Circles Feat. Aquarius Heaven
- Funkerman, Enlery - Silhouet
- Sam Feldt & Lucas & Steve - Summer On You vs Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ - Lean On (Acappella) vs Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Lucas & Steve bootleg)
Posted on 11 June 2017