Featured Artist: Christian Smith
Christian Smith is one of the world’s leading creators of techno music, and remains bold and innovative as both a DJ and producer. With his impressive output in recent years, it’s hard to imagine a list of prolific producers without his name near the top. He’s been at the top of his game for over a decade with his trademark groovy-techno sound. Christian has dominated the charts and DJ playlists with a steady flow of releases on high profile labels like Plus8/Minus, Drumcode, Cocoon, Bedrock, Mobilee and Tronic. His latest EP “Force Majeure”, released in July 2016 on Drumcode, went straight to #3 on Beatport’s Techno Top 10 and stayed on the list for over a month. Although born in Stockholm, Christian spent most of his childhood years in Frankfurt, Germany, which no doubt played an unexpected role in determining his musical tastes. After spending time in the US studying, Christian moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil and played at the best clubs in the city and surrounding regions. He still loves to play there today, and continues to have a very large following in the city. In 1997 he started his own label, Tronic, and since then it has dominated the charts with releases from Christian himself and the likes of Chus & Ceballos, ANNA, Paco Osuna, Loco & Jam, Kaiserdisco, Enrico Sangiuliano, Nick Curly and more. The label is now the #2 top selling techno label in the world, according to Beatport, and recently it celebrated its 200th release. Tronic also has a weekly show which is now syndicated to over 100 stations worldwide, and their 200th show was celebrated with special guest Adam Beyer. Tronic is bringing artists to venues and festivals across the world—with dates throughout Europe, including ADE and Ultra Resistance in Ibiza. Tronic has always been an album focused label, and Christian’s new collaboration project is set for release in October. He has spent the last nine months traveling around the world to produce tracks with a selection of standout artists in their studios. We cannot wait for the result!
- 1. Christian Smith, Victor Ruiz - Drone Sector
- 2. Diego Infanzon - Basement
- 3. Rob Hes - The Solution [Mario Ochoa Remix]
- 4. Kaiserdisco - Sedna
- 5. Luke Slater, Class Action - Novamute
- 6. Christian Smith, 2Pole – Tronic
- 7. Victor Ruiz, Drunken Kong - Inside Out [Loco & Jam Remix]
- 8. Christian Smith, Harry Romero - Neon Jungle
- 9. Kaiserdisco - tbc
- 10. Rob Hood, Deckmantel - Lockers
- 11. Barbuto - Sink The Ship
- 12. Drunken Kong - The Rhythm
- 13. Frank Biazzi - Transition
- 14. Kaiserdisco, Karotte - tbc
- 15. Valent, Haze - Be As One
- 16. Christian Smith, Victor Ruiz - The Runner
- 17. Laat - Les Mondes
- 18. Christian Smith, 2Pole - Wind
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.