Featured Artist: Markus Schulz
Forged in the fires of Arizona’s seminal 90s rave scene, Markus Schulz first went state, then national and with equal pace, international. From the building blocks of progressive trance & house, he crafted early anthems like ‘The New World’ and latter-day ones like ‘Destiny’. He’s helmed the scene-essential Coldharbour Recordings label for 13 years, chaired the Global DJ Broadcast radio show for 17 and remixed everyone from Moroder to Madonna.
His floor-bound adventures have met with equal acclaim. Through his native audience affinity, flawless mixing, instinctive tune selection, and stylistically vast open-till-close sets, he has wowed crowds in every major city on Earth. Markus has scaled the upper reaches of the world’s DJ rankings — a three-time winner of DJ Times’ America’s Best DJ crown (’12, ’14 & ‘18) — and has drawn acclaim from every electronic music portal & press outlet on the planet. A regular fixture at the world’s most famous clubs, arenas and festival stages, weekly, he continues to share his inimitable musical vision. In Europe, he’s floored audiences at events like Transmission, Electronic Family, Nature One and Dance Valley. He’s creamed Creamfields; gridlocked Global Gatherings and hosted his own stage at Tomorrowland. Stateside, EDC, Ultra, Nocturnal and numerous others have all similarly felt Schulz’s presence. His legendary sets at spots like Space (Miami), Avalon (Los Angeles), Stereo (Montreal), Amnesia (Ibiza), as well as his International Residency at Ministry Of Sound, have become rites of passage for music lovers around the world.
Most recently, Markus conceived and delivered the ‘Watch The World’ album. Released in October 2018, the album ran in the same stylistic vein as forerunner ‘We Are The Light’, with a heavy, all-but-exclusive emphasis on song-based tracks. Again the album afforded Markus the much-desired chance to resume his songwriting, which first came to the fore on ‘WTW’. The album’s first numbers were introduced by way of Spring ‘18’s ‘In Bloom’ EP. ‘Calling For Love’, which featured vocals from JES, and the Emma Hewitt-sung ‘Safe From Harm’ both debuted as part of the EP. Following in summer was ‘Upon My Shoulders’, which featured frontman Sebu of indietronica outfit Capital Cities. The album also included a first-time collaboration with Christina Novelli, as well as co-productions with Romanian stars Smiley and Alina Eremia.
Download this episode on iTunes here
- Markus Schulz, BT - I Need Love
- Fisherman - Nature vs. Nurture
- Orjan Nilsen, Dennis Sheperd, Nifra & Estiva - Cabin Fever
- Markus Schulz, Smiley - The Dreamers [Markus Schulz In Bloom Mix]
- Arkham Knights - Knightvision
- Marshmello, Bastille - Happier [Markus Schulz Festival Mix]
- Probspot - Blueberry [Daniel Wanrooy Remix]
- Ferry Corsten, BT - 1997
- Mike EFEX - Wolfenstein
- Markus Schulz, Alina Eremia - You Light Up the Night
- Jam & Spoon - Follow Me [Jerome Isma-Ae Remix]
- Daxson, MK - Culture 17 [Daxson Mashup]
- Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved [Markus Schulz Remix]
- Harry Square vs. Queen - A Dreamworld of Radio Ga Ga [Markus Schulz Mashup]
- Markus Schulz, HALIENE - Ave Maria